Saturday 27 June 2015

Emma's First Photoshoot - with Miguel Jacob

Emma's First Manicure
First Manicure
Well the big day has come and gone.  Emma is well in bed (and hopefully asleep).  She had a great day!


We started the day with a shower (which is still a new concept for her) and then a trip to my esthetician for a manicure.  She has had one pedicure before but not her fingers.  We were only "allowed" clear polish, but she was okay with that.  She was good and patient.


Pre-Styling Hair
Pre-Styling Hair
We got to Mode Elle about half an hour early (on purpose) so we played with the stuff we brought including our hair baubles. She loves this giant bow we bought on our shopping trip expressly for this shoot.


There were 2 other girls there in various stages of photoshoot readiness.  One was a 7 year old, who, when the photographer asked her, said "I've done this before" with such conviction you'd think she was a seasoned model.  Her mom piped up with "Yes, once before."  It was cute.


We had a hairstylist (who was also the makeup girl, but Emma was not "made up" as no six year old should be), as well as an actual stylist who helped us make outfits from the clothes we brought.  Big surprise she chose the things we had pretty much chosen for ourselves.


Soft Wavy Hair
Soft Wavy Hair
The hairstylist told us that Emma has the softest hair she's ever felt.  Then she proceeded to produce beautiful soft waves with a curling "wand" - like a curling iron without the clamp part.  Very quick and neat.  She then shooed us away to wait until the stylist was ready to help with the clothes.  I couldn't resist taking some phone photos of her soft, wavy hair.

Beauty
What a Beauty
I think Emma has a perfect no-expression face.  You just have to catch it, I don't think she can "put it on" whenever she wants to.  I've had luck finding it in my last few photo taking days


Anyway, then we got to prepare our "first look."  The stylist chose the pink polka dot dress we bought specifically for this occasion.  Emma was so excited.  We got it on and she wanted to put on this dollar store hat she loves and ask to wear it for the photos.  I told her no but that I would take a few pics of her in it.  The shots I took did not turn out fantastic, but I'll put one in anyway.
"First Look" Polka Dot Dress
Polka Dot Dress
"First Look"


The hairstylist took her back in, gave her hair a gentle comb out and put that big black sparkly bow back in.  That was her completed look.


The photographer (Miguel Jacob) was really great.  He was so friendly and approachable, I was pleasantly surprised.  He managed to get some good smiles and poses out of Emma.  I did not try to take any photos during the actual shoot, as I thought that would be in bad taste.  It was very serious and professional with the big umbrella lights and white backdrop.  A bit intimidating for a first-timer but the people were all so great I think she had a lot of fun.  I know I did!

"Second Look"
"Second Look"
Then she got changed and had her hair put in a messy topknot and the "second look" got photographed outside in an alleyway.  I've always liked the stone wall look in photos and I think hers turned out great.  I did see a few pictures the photographer really liked.  He seemed impressed with some of the photos himself.


We had a great day.  When Patrick asked Emma if she liked it she said, "YES!" and when he asked her if she'd do it again tomorrow she said, "Yes.  Where?" and looked like she was ready to go out the door right that minute if we needed to do it again.  I guess that's a good sign.


We finished our road trip with some ice cream and a few minutes of "park" time (there were goats and a climber behind the ice cream place) and then everyone fell asleep in the car on the way home.  Just the way any fun day should end.

Toodles!

No comments:

Post a Comment