Friday 5 June 2015

Tomorrow We're Going Shopping!

Somehow my weekends are rapidly filling up this month.  With the end of our extra-curriculars and the end of school, time is counting down like crazy.  I just realized that this is the last free weekend I have to take Emma for a new outfit and new shoes before her talent headshot photoshoot at the end of the month.  So while Patrick takes Rose to ballet, Emma and I will troupe around town trying on all manor of clothes and accessories.

I don't think Emma has clued in to the idea that she won't be doing her free art at the Tett this week.  I hope she doesn't catch on, I really don't want to spend then entire day out and about.  I like the girls having their weekend afternoons at home, outside, with their friends.

Emma thinks we're just going to go to the mall - I don't think that's the best place for her to find shoes.  We already tried WalMart but she's between sizes there.  I guess actual shoe stores (I miss Kiddie Kobbler) will be on the agenda tomorrow.  I just know that narrowing down choices will be quite a chore.  And truthfully I don't even know what we need for this photo session.  Because she's a child we have to take all clothes, shoes and accessories, but there will be a stylist there to help her put together outfits etc.

I'm looking forward to this excursion as an opportunity to actually talk to Emma about the endgame of this modelling and talent course.  She says she wants to act more than model (so far).  I'm unsure if she even knows what acting actually is.  Today she had to stand up in front of her whole school - she raised the most money for her Jump Rope for Heart - and she seemed to think it was a little terrifying.  I will say that I think she is less self-conscious and shy than she was, but whether that's just growing up, or this course has something to do with it I have no idea.

Anyway, if anything exciting happens on our adventures tomorrow I will be sure to share them, but until then...

Toodles!

No comments:

Post a Comment