Monday 1 June 2015

Dance is Eating Up My Life! (not really...)

The girl's dance studio has an end-of-year performance which is actually put on as a ballet at the theatre in town.  It has 2 acts, one is ballet exclusively (I think) and the other is all the other dance styles (tap, contemporary, swing, etc.).  Of course Emma would be in both acts as she does ballet and contemporary - that means she has rehearsals every day on the week leading up to the performance.  This will not be easy for us. Patrick is out of town Wed to Fri that week and most of the rehearsals end at 8 or 8:30.  Rose needs to be in bed before that or I will have to carry her sleeping self in and out of the car every night to pick Emma up.  Also one night he is away I have to work until 6 so getting Emma there for 5 may prove challenging.  And then there's the night she has her modelling/talent class - she's just going to miss that rehearsal.  I remember this inconvenience from last year, but then she was in only one class, and only the first act and so there were half as many rehearsals.

Rose, on the other hand, has an in-studio "recital" that we will all get to see without spending $20 a ticket and all our free time taking her to rehearsals.  This is because she is in the 3 year old dance class.  And thank god, as there's no way she would be able to stay up for a 7pm performance, and we get snacks after this in-studio show.  The kids have so much fun performing and I can't wait to see both the shows, but I'm a bit anxious about all the work we have to put in it first.

And if I'm anxious about all this, I can only imagine what will happen if any "talent" people like Emma's headshots at the modelling agency we're using.  Driving to Toronto is not my favourite thing to do on a good day, but if she wants to do this, and enjoys it, then I will totally be the chauffeur mom that I need to be.  We're starting this stuff the weekend after the dance performance, as the photoshoot is at the agency's offices in Belleville.  And I have already scheduled her a manicure for that morning but she'll be disappointed that she can't have colour.  There are a lot of rules in this modelling world.

Toodles!

No comments:

Post a Comment