Sunday 7 June 2015

Is It Swimming Weather? or My Kids Are Crazy!

My kids went swimming today - today is June 7th - no one even looked at the temperature in the pool because us grownups are too cold blooded to even think about getting in.,  Although, the car did say 22 degrees (Celsius) that is nowhere near swimming weather to me!

Sundays are usually good days.  Nanny takes the girls to church, then they often go to their aunts to play with awesome young cousin with a sibling cousin on the way.  After that (while cousin naps) they go back to Nanny's for movie or swimming (when the weather is nice) or park play, then we all gather there for dinner.  Tonight we had pork steaks with corn on the cob, rice and salad.  So delicious.  The kids even ate some.  That's a feat in itself some days.  Everything is quiet upstairs now (8:30 pm).  Time for Mom and Dad to sit quietly and unwind, watch tv, and try hard not to eat snacks we don't really need because we had a perfectly delicious and calorically dense dinner.  I'm about to fall asleep, but I think that's more due to the wine I had with dinner, than the time of day.

Next weekend is going to be more busy, as will the next 2 weekends be.  Dance recitals abound, as well as following family gatherings.  Luckily my families are happy to help out, bring foodstuffs, and help to tidy.  I'm hoping the weather will cooperate for the next two weekends as well.  If it gets hot we do always have access to Nanny's pool to cool off after a hard day's work!

Toodles!

No comments:

Post a Comment