Wednesday 8 July 2015

Summer's In Full Swing - And Busy!

Alright - summer is in full swing and I feel like I need to take back some of my "summer is relaxing" comments I made in my previous post. ("Summer is Here - Let The Relaxing Begin")  Summer definitely sends out it's relaxing vibes, but I'm coming to realize life is just as busy (if not more so) now than during the school year.

I still have to go to work - that is the least relaxing part about summer, so far, for me.  The kids do daycare - some days - and camps and other extra curriculars.  Plus we're doing a cottage week, there there's some days at Grandma and Grandpa's (while hubby and I go to Toronto for a few days), and Emma is at a day camp this week.  And she's still taking her Mode Elle course on Tuesday nights.

And then there's the around-town family and friends stuff we want to do.  Kingston Buskers Rendezvous is on tap this week - we will likely go Thursday night, and then I'm meeting another mom friend on Saturday to do more kid-oriented Buskers then.  There are the Movies in the Square every Thursday (except this week because of the Buskers) which we have not gone to yet - they don't start until it's dark, which is getting on to 9pm this time of year.  Another few weeks and we'll try to catch one or two movies.

We've been filling our weekends with other around town things, like Taste of Kingston, and a free Fort Henry visit as part of the Pan Am celebrations when the torch was here.  The girls want to get to a beach this summer,; I haven't managed to get into Nanny's pool yet (the girls have been a few times); and then there's just the fun outdoor time at home with the neighbour kids.  I think those are the best days, when the kids are just outside somewhere and I can just sit on the deck, read a book, hang out the laundry, and then maybe relax with a drink.

What do you get up to in the summers?  Are your weeks a busy as mine?  I don't yet feel so busy I can't deal with it - so let's hope that doesn't happen!  Now that the girls are older a busy summer is much different than when they really do need 24/7 supervision.  I'm enjoying this summer so far, but it's not quite as "relaxing" as I'd imagined!

Toodles!

No comments:

Post a Comment