Thursday 28 May 2015

They grow up so fast

Tonight Rose has her Kindergarten orientation...and I have to miss it.  Sometimes being a working mom is great, but not when you have to miss the important things.  Heck, sometimes sharing the parenting duties is hard to do.  Watching Patrick brush their hair differently than I do can sometimes cause me great anxiety too!  I've learned to let him do things his way, but sometimes the wife-y nag still slips out.  I know I should be happy he's doing these things even if it's not the way *I*'d do it...

I am very excited to hear what Rose thinks of this gathering this afternoon at school.  She has been so much more vocal about everything in her life thus far.  Emma has always been a quiet girl.  She always told me school was "boring" and nothing happened there.  Now she is in grade 1 and she does come home and tell me more things, but she is still not a "chatty Cathy."  Rose talks all the time and at great length about who was at daycare and what they did and where they went, and I am desperately hoping this continues into school!

Rose is excited and apprehensive about this next stage in her life.  I share her feelings.  I can't believe my baby is 4 and will be getting on the school bus with her big sister next year!

Toodles!

No comments:

Post a Comment