Wednesday 27 May 2015

First Post!

Welcome to 2 Talented Daughters.

My hope is to share my experiences raising two young girls in a time when nothing you do seems to be the right thing.  Currently my daughters are 4 and 6 and I am trying desperately to allow them "free range" while at the same time monitoring everything they're doing.  They are blonde, beautiful happy girls and I want them to always be happy (of course!) but also safe, smart, and open to every new idea and experience.

Currently the girls are taking dance lessons and Emma, my oldest, is partway through a local acting/modelling/new talent course.  I am starting to feel self-conscious about my own look and bearing as these girls are going to surpass me in grace, fashion and poise very soon.  Some people would criticize me for only enrolling them in "girl" activities (and modelling at age 6?  Am I nuts?) but they chose these courses for themselves.  I'm fully convinced Rose (my 4 year old) will make it clear to us soon what she is interested in trying out - she is much more spirited and vocal than Emma has been so far in her life!

Please visit often as I have grand plans for this blog - and leave many comments (good or bad) including ideas or other things you want to hear about that are going on in my daughter's lives.

Toodles!
~Jess

No comments:

Post a Comment