Wednesday 9 September 2015

First Modelling Gig - My Little Pony


On Wednesday last week I got an email from Charline at Mode Elle.  She outlined a fun opportunity for Emma, but it was happening the next day and also Friday afternoon.  Now I know I've said a million times that I'll happily leave work to deal with these modelling or acting things that come up, and Thursday evening I could have managed, but with it being a holiday weekend there was no way I could easily have left the store in the middle of the afternoon on the Friday.

Luckily Patrick was able to rearrange things so Emma could get to both shows.  This event was at the local mall (Cataraqui Centre) so getting there was not too traumatic, and Rose tagged along on Thursday evening.  Well, guess what?  The event organizers wanted Rose to model the clothes as well!  I didn't know if she'd do it.  The first show for them was 6:30pm and Rose is usually 85% ready for bed at that time.  

My Little Pony Models
Thursday Evening Show

This is how the show went:  The Moblees opened the show (which was free in centre court of the mall), then the girls came out in their My Little Pony clothes, and afterward there was a My Little Pony show.  Each of the girls had been given a little pose to do on the "red carpet" but from the looks of it, Emma and Rose gave each other strength that first night.  Still super cute, but not quite confident models yet.

But then fast-forward to Friday afternoon - they were more confident (and less tired!) and they had a lot more fun.  Part of it, I'm sure, was that they were at the mall for 2 hours before the show on Thursday, but had a much shorter lead time Friday.

Getting Ready For My Little Pony Fashion Show
Friday Night Pre-Show
Both Rose and Emma performed better Friday afternoon.  Rose walked out without clinging to Emma for dear life, and Emma managed to have a very professional looking model pose on the "red carpet."

Rose's Pose

Emma's Pose
When they were done with the show, the young lady Twilight Sparkle had the models come back up on stage for a promo pic.  The girls were beyond excited for that!  Emma even understood that that meant they may use this picture for advertising purposes.  She's dying to get into commercials or magazines!

My Little Pony Fashion Show

I'm actually quite sad that I missed all this excitement with the girls.  I'm not very disappointed that I missed being at the mall with 1000 toddlers and their parents.  We've been to some of these shows in the past and it's just crazy busy, loud, and exhausting.  I am very glad the girls had a wonderful time, especially Rose who really had no idea what was going on.

Emma is now looking forward even more to the fashion show the mall is putting on in two weekends.  She made the cut at her audition and will be modelling something in two Saturday's time.  One of her cousins, who is new at Mode Elle, will be modelling as well.  I have managed to take the time off to get her to the rehearsal for this one.  And, dear readers, I plan to craft another nice long blog post with photos during or after that event and it's rehearsals.  So stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment